Carol’s Restaurant Hepatitis-A Outbreak From Tainted FoodHealth Department Investigating Blaine Minnesota!!
My grandfather and I had lunch ar Carol’s Restaurant in Blaine, Minnesota (just north of Minneapolis) in February of this year. Some time after that we both contracted Hepatitis-A. We contacted the local health department and they did a quick and thorough investigation of Carol’s. It was confirmed that there was an abundance of Hep-A virus on many of the kitchen work surfaces and in the refigeration units. It was also determined that several of the kitchen employees were not washing their hands after using the bathroom, and the inspectors discovered fecal coliform bacteria on many surfaces. Yuck.